Guardian Angel PrayerQUESTION: What is a guardian angel prayer?ANSWER:
What is a guardian angel prayer? Guardian angel prayers express adoration to a specific type of God’s heavenly messengers. Some major world religions embrace this ritualistic form of prayer. Unlike the Bible’s examples of prayer uttered by Hannah (1 Samuel 2:1-10), David (Psalm 143), or Jesus (John 17), prayers offered to angels differ significantly. Guardian angel prayers frequently include Most Faithful Companion, Guardian Dear,
or Blessed Protector,
establishing a spiritual connection with something other than God.
Guardian Angel Prayer – Where Does the Power Come From?
- Dear Angel at my side, my good and loyal friend (Holy Guardian Angels Prayer, Oct. 2 Feast)
- O most holy angel of God(Guardian Angel Prayer #6 – Saint Gertrude)
- I humbly salute you, O you faithful, heavenly Friends of my children! (A Mother’s Prayer to the Guardian Angels of her Children)
Is there power in a guardian angel prayer? Yes, there is great power. There are those who call themselves “Angel Intuitives and Healers,” claiming to communicate with angels. Live radio shows, hosted by metaphysicians, angel practitioners, and spiritual doctors of psychology encourage channeling (i.e. praying) your guardian angel through divination. The demonic power generated by this form of praying draws the individual away from God (Revelation 12:7). Under the guise of “inspirational,” New Age therapists promise to lead people back to a spiritual path. Guardian angel prayers are prescribed as a key ingredient in harmonizing every aspect of one’s life. Instead, disharmony with God results:
Guardian Angel Prayer – Does it Go Against God?
- Seeking spiritual answers apart from God (Leviticus 19:31; 20:6, 27).
- Using divination to foretell the future (Deuteronomy 18:11-14; 2 Kings 21:6)
- Choosing to obey or disobey God (2 Kings 23:24-25)
- Ignoring the Word of God (1 Chronicles 10:13-14; Isaiah 19:3-4)
- Choosing death over life (Isaiah 8:19)
Is a prayer to God the same as a guardian angel prayer? Any prayer directed towards anything but God disrespects Him. A “guardian angel” prayer acknowledges a created being as your source
of protection, healing, and guidance. While angels are superior to people in power and intelligence, God created angels to love, worship, praise, obey, and serve Him (Revelation 5:11-12). Only God has the power to direct the actions of angels (Hebrews 1:14).
A prayer to God brings us to a place of intimacy with our Creator (Matthew 6:6; John 16:23-24). God’s gift of the Holy Spirit enables us to speak to our Heavenly Father from the depths of our hearts (Romans 8:26-28). Through His Son, Jesus Christ, all prayers belong solely to the God of peace (Philippians 4:6-7).